With the first day of Blizzcon 2011 wrapping up, here are the Diablo-related highlights that got us all excited in the pants.
- Collector’s Edition unveiled.
- You get a free copy of Diablo 3, Tyrael’s Charger flying mount for World of Warcraft, and an invitation to the next WoW beta if you sign up for an annual subscription.
- Blizzard DOTA is coming soonish.
- New crests for your banner will be unlocked through PVP.
- The playable demo is a 4 vs. 4, team deathmatch game that lasts 10 minutes. If you die, you respawn 3 seconds later. The team with the most wins at the end of the time limit wins. The available characters are level 60 with around 9,000 health.
- There is no item or skill swapping in the arena.
- Higher difficulties are hard, unlike the beta.
- Monsters receive additional skills and abilities in higher difficulty levels.
- At least 70% of available items appear past normal difficulty.
- Followers will now accompany the player through all difficulty levels, making them a viable strategy at end-game.
- Skills will be locked upon leaving town. This change is expected to be implemented during the next beta update.
- The Barbarian will receive a new passive ability entitled “Nerves of Steel”, which increases defense by 25 percent of the character’s available vitality.
- The Development Team’s goal is to make unusual builds as viable as possible.
- You will be able to buy gold (and other stackable items).
- Characters will not be able to be sold initially, but it may be possible after release.
More to come as the convention continues! Stay tuned!