It appears as though we’re going to have to wait a bit longer to access the beta as after it was stated that they were going to be wiping all characters again (for achievement testing), they hit a snag:
“We’ve run into a fairly significant issue with the patch that was intended to update beta clients so they can connect to the now updated service. We’re currently unable to estimate when the patch will become available, but are expecting that the beta will not return to service this evening. We apologize for any inconvenience or interruption in your scheduled play and appreciate your understanding.”
Beta patch 6 is going live tonight!
Lylirra stated: “We’re in the process of bringing down the Diablo III test server to deploy beta patch 6. We anticipate the downtime to last approximately 8 hours until 10:00 p.m. PST.” (Source)
And here is what it plans to do:
- Stackable items can now be purchased and sold on the gold Auction House. These items can be purchased in any quantity, provided that the quantity is available for sale, and will pull from multiple auction listings if needed.
- Player profiles have been added! These profiles will display important statistics for each of your characters, as well as 3D models featuring their current gear.
- Player profiles will only be viewable while in the main, character select, and party screens. They will not be viewable in-game.
- To access your player profile, click on your hero or press “P.”
- To view other players’ profiles while in a party, right-click on their character. Player profiles for Real ID friends can also be accessed by right-clicking on their names in the Friends List.
- Achievements are now available for testing. Please note that for the beta launch of this system, only a limited number of achievements have been included.
- To view your characters’ achievements, click on the “Achievements” icon located in the lower right or press “Y” at any point while playing.
- To view another character’s achievements while in a party, right-click on their character and select “Inspect.”
- Active Skills
- Blinding Flash
- Spirit Cost reduced from 30 to 10
- Blind duration increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds
- Now has a 15 second cooldown
- Crippling Wave
- Damage reduced from 135% to 110%
- Dashing Strike
- Damage increased from 65% to 160%
- Exploding Palm
- Explosion damage reduced from 40% to 30% of target’s max health
- Fists of Thunder
- Damage reduced 120% to 100%
- Inner Sanctuary
- Spirit Cost reduced from 80 to 20
- Now has a 30 second cooldown
- Lashing Tail Kick
- Damage increased from 180% to 225%
- Cooldown removed
- Lethal Decoy
- Damage increased from 110% to 330%
- Duration reduced from 5 seconds to 1 second
- Decoy is now summoned directly on top of the Monk
- Ability now plays a casting animation
- Active Skills
- Magic Weapon
- Damage bonus reduced from 20% to 15%
- Monster affixes “Die Together,” “Powerful,” and “Ghostly” have all been removed from the game
Lylirra just posted the following on the Beta Feedback Forums (source):
“We’re currently in the process of preparing the next beta patch for release. As part of this patch, we’ll be wiping all characters and items (including those placed on the auction house).
While a specific ETA is unavailable at this time, please note that Beta Patch 5 may go live as early as tomorrow afternoon.”
Now lets collectively cross our fingers and pray for more content.